Affordable Property Management: Information for Renters
At Affordable Property Management, we value our tenants and are committed to providing you with an outstanding rental experience. You can count on us for timely, clear communication, accessible staff for any questions or issues, and prompt attention to maintenance requests.
Current APM tenants can use our Renter’s Portal to pay rent, submit maintenance requests, and review documents such as your lease – all while in the comfort of your own home.
BEFORE APPLYING PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU MEET OUR RENTAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Verifiable positive rental history
- Credit in good standing
- No evictions or unlawful detainers on credit report or rental history
- Household gross income is at least three times the amount of the rent. For example: If the rent is $1,000 per month, the gross income should be $3,000 per month.
- Each individual who is 18 years of age or older is required to:
- Submit a separate rental application
- Pay a separate application fee
- A $25 application fee is due at time of application submission. Note: Payment of the fee is non-refundable once the application is processed and is NOT a guarantee of rental acceptance.
- Copy of a valid form of photo identification
- Proof of income (i.e. Copy of last two payroll stubs)
- Copy of tax return (if self-employed) for previous two years.
- Copy of most recent mortgage statement (if home owner)
- Copy of property tax statements (if home owner)
Rental Application Terms and Conditions
- All rental applications are good for 30 days from the date of submission. If an individual is not approved for a property they can apply for another property within that 30 days.
- Failure to provide any of the required documentation could cause the application to be denied
- Applications are not accepted in our office
- A notice provided to one application is considered to be notice to all co-applicants and vice versa.
- Notification of approval is issued within 7 business days of the application submission date.
- A holding deposit is due upon approval of application and must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. Cash, checks, and credit cards are NOT accepted. It will be applied to the move in balance.